Sunday, May 15, 2005

true calling

hmmm. here i am again on sunday night. instead of trying to get more rest for the week ahead, i am still on my pc and surfing the night away.

but before i go off to dreamland...

i opened up my friendster account, meaning to change my profile once again. i feel dissatisfied at what i've put in there so far... perhaps it reflects my unhappiness over my own life, but that's another story. there's this blank on "hobbies and interests" which i never could fill out to my satisfaction. i started to put in this junk about collecting mp3s, and i went on to say something about wanting to pursue my musical inclination but i'm currently treading a very different path.

like duh.

mike already posted something like this recently over at his blog. and i've talked this over with one of my closest high school friends (i know, i have a lot of "close hs friends" but they're quite a bunch) who is pursuing an acting career (as in theatre). sometimes i wonder why i chose not to pursue a musical career. i have lots of excuses which include:

  1. i'm not a good bass player, compared to what i've seen out there
  2. i'm not even a patient student
  3. i can't do oido, not that well anyway
  4. actuarial science was supposed to be a lucrative career
  5. i can't afford to be a starving artist

some of them are good reasons, too. but with all the changes that's been happening, i guess it's time to finally do something about it. god gave me a discerning ear and good taste. while most people don't share my preference, i believe in it. then again, i have to tie up some loose ends before i embark on another journey.

earth to tin's brain... please, please finish your strama this time. get back to work, lazybones!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. a reader left...
Wednesday, 18 May 2005 4:22 pm
ako ba tong mike na to? hehhe! napansin ko puro titles na rin ng song ang title mo ha! pareho na tayo!

makol