Saturday, March 12, 2005

subok... tunog. tunog... subok.

(originally from cnbgirl's blog)

Sound Check

my random 10
weezer, island in the sun
urbandub, a new tattoo
ziggy marley, drive
the smashing pumpkins, the end is the beginning is the end
u2, hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me
u2, stay (faraway, so close)
blur, song2
fleetwood mac, landslide
joss stone, super duper love (are you diggin’ on me?)
will young, your love is king

what is the total amount of music files in your computer?
7.41 gb – marami pa kong di nabu-burn na cd sa bahay. hehehe.

what is the last cd you bought?
michael buble, it’s time. pero i gave it to my aunt. for myself, urbandub’s birth (from the gig)

what was the last song you listened to before posting this message?
as in really listened to? island in the sun by weezer

5 songs that mean a lot to you:
everything but the girl, cross my heart -- ultimate senti song for the brokenhearted. the song that started my ebtg fanaticism.
d'sound, people are people -- simone describes me.
weezer, island in the sun -- several times last year, on my way home from a barkada gimik, i chance on blade (old sked pa, meaning past midnight) playing this song over at klite. or i would ask for it when i get home. this song reminds me of happy times.
the smashing puimpkins, landslide -- one of my prized guitar pieces (the ones i can play at the drop of a hat), taught (through tab) by college friend mark and transcribed by his best friend mike -- who's now my best friend. weird, huh?
jeff buckley, last goodbye -- still for the brokenhearted (which i am all the time).

Who are you going to pass this stick to (at least 3)?
my blog readers din, of which there aren’t that many

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. a reader left...
Saturday, 12 March 2005 4:29 pm
ang LANDSLIDE ng fleetwood mac ay nirevive ng smashing na kumanta ng THE END IS THE BEGINNING... na nasa soundtrack ng 4th batman, at nasa 3rd batman soundtrack ang HOLD ME, THRILL ME... ng u2, at kasama sa dc comics ni batman si superman, na ang smallville soundtrack kasama ang ISLAND IN THE SUN ng weezer. phew!

see, may connection ang playlist mo. hehe.

drei

Anonymous said...

2. makol left...
Monday, 14 March 2005 8:05 am
yup, i remember that night we transcribed landslide. that was the first time i heard the song and it blew me away! ang galeng! at siempre si mark, after a few minutes pa lang, nakapa na nya ung gitara! we used our old cassette player pa. CDs weren't the in thing yet.

Anonymous said...

3. CNBGirl left...
Monday, 14 March 2005 8:39 am
hmmm... naintriga tuloy ako sa LANDSLIDE, parang nde ko pa sya naririnig... ma-dl nga...

have a great week ahead. ;)

Anonymous said...

4. emmerdale left...
Wednesday, 16 March 2005 8:22 pm
cnb: yup, landslide is a real classic... it's so poignant, even up to now i still don't understand the song completely. hehehe. try to get a copy, even the dixie chicks version is good, it's much closer to the original than the sp version.

drei, freaky!!!! you got my logic! the list isn't so random after all ;)

mike, salamat talaga dahil sa inyo may signature piece na ko. hehehe. at shempre di ko na pinapatugtog yung tape, baka magasgas ;)

Anonymous said...

5. a reader left...
Monday, 28 March 2005 1:04 pm
you've got good taste in music :)..

hastang [hastang@gmail.com]