Monday, March 28, 2005

things you should not be doing

...when you're rushing a submission that is so post deadline. hope my boss never sees this.

on a typical sunday night i find things to do that i should have done earlier in the day at the very least. like ironing my uniform (only now it's my office uniform and not my sky-blue pleated skirt last worn ten years ago). or looking for papers from an actuarial seminar n years ago. or burning this cd that i so needed to hear this week. or packing my bag with suitable friday office wear. this last one i usually manage to finish not earlier than 10pm every time.

so after doing some of abovementioned examples i decided to open my trusty laptop and -- what the heck -- burn the internet lines again, before settling down to finally finishing my long-overdue analysis. no, i will not surf. i will not spend unnecessary time linking my music file collection with the matching album photos. i will not check out every friend's account on friendster. i will not look for parokya ni edgar tabs. i will not post a blog. but i forgot to confine myself from bloghopping.

while i was checking my 3 regular email accounts, i opened my primary blog (i am such a net addict as you can see) to check if anyone posted a comment yet. not unusually, nobody had. but my best friend left me a message on my blog board. hmmm, so she does remember my addy.

then by sheer luck i followed my link to drei's blog. of all the blogs i've linked to, drei's is probably the most active, and a good read too. to pass the time while loading the statistics pages i read the other comments to his last entry. that done, i remembered that i couldn't find his link to my blog. it wasn't where i last saw it. then i discovered it was transferred to another category (you have to clue me in on this one, drei). and me being the curious person i am, hovered and clicked like there was no tomorrow...

to make an already long story not much longer, i got sidetracked from looking up historical gdp figures because of all these cool blogs i kept stumbling on. there was even this girl who had blog entries with titles from ebtg songs. and i knew from experience that an ebtg fan is hard to spot. before i knew it, it was almost one a.m. whoa! time to pack up. but not quite.

ok, now it's time to do my killer analysis. mood killer, vacation killer, sleep killer (i swear, i kept dreaming of this paper sunday last week), whatever. this thing that is becoming my waterloo. if i ever get to finish this thing (which i sincerely think i really have to, you know), i swear i will break the bank and celebrate. who cares if my cards are almost maxed out and i have no excess cash come payday.

if i could only spew out the same amount of coherent paragraphs to match the drivel i just wrote, i'd be made. for now. and my three-hour countdown starts...

No comments: