Sunday, April 1, 2007

i'm a stitch away from making it, and a scar away from falling apart

does lack of sleep really make people do crazy things?
for the first time in like... ever, i took on the challenge to be embarrassed for certain. in class, in front of 20-plus people.

last night i was supposed to submit my assignment, i was very scatterbrained through the whole thing and passed it incomplete. so what else is new? and since my group was unlike any other group i belonged to in my three years in grad school, we didn't even prepare anything for our presentation today. because i was first to arrive in class i decided to cover some bases and started putting my submission on powerpoint. like duh, i still haven't recovered from lack of sleep due to inefficient brain activity but i had to pull off magic tricks. then to my eternal good fortune, our group was called first.

to say that i bombed was not an exaggeration. but i kinda expected it, knowing the shoddy (i picked up this word from my friend today) work i had done. what possessed me to even volunteer was unclear, much like understanding why people jump off cliffs or down a can of pesticide. strangely, though, i almost enjoyed the criticism heaped on my logic and obvious lack of preparation. i knew i was in for it, but i didn't care and the little voice in my head was saying, "bring it on!" and until now, i'm more worried about disappointing my prof than being put through a wringer.

ok, here's my cue for shutting off my laptop for a whole day. strama is going to have to take the back seat for now.
last song syndrome: fall out boy, [after] life of the party

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

#1

'drei' posted this on Wed 4 Apr 2007, 10:00 pm

*hug* it's not as bad as it seems. :) consider it a funny experience you can retell to your children.