Saturday, July 16, 2005

last 2 minutes

no one else knows how much work i still have to put into my strama more than i do. it's like my waking hours are all spent thinking about how to finally get it done. still, the little voice in my head can't be gagged. and i still can't resist the words "hang out". ness should how those words can crumble my resolve in a heartbeat.

so, let's try this out. something i learned in the three years i've been back to school. at least those boring lectures weren't completely wasted on me. one of the theories in personnel management has something to do with how you motivate an employee in the workplace. i don't really remember the name or how it goes exactly (and i'll probably be mixing a hodgepodge of theories here), but basically it says that someone can be motivated to do something when he knows the rewards he'll get once that deed is accomplished. sounds pretty intuitive, doesn't it? actually, most behavioral science theories (or any theory for that matter) should be intuitive.

just so i can get it over with. here are the things i plan to do after i finish my strama paper. as in really finished.

  1. read lots and lots and lots of books. i have two spanking new agatha christie mysteries sitting in my bookshelf. then there are those e-books i downloaded, and harry potter 2, 3, 4, and now 6.
  2. see lots and lots and lots of movies. once a week at the box office, if i can swing it. loads more on dvd and vcd. i've missed a lot of movies these past few months. sigh.
  3. hang out and down a couple of beers. i've set a date with my cousin to have drinks after work, i think it was more than a year ago already, and we still haven't done it. now he's already including his brother and sister, that was more than a month ago. and we still have not done it.
  4. watch more free gigs. megastrip is always a great place on friday nights, especially when you chance on a free gig. you get to chat with friends at the coffee shop and get to hear great music at no extra cost.
  5. study for exams. alas, november and december is actuarial exam season. but it's time to get back on this path, since i've put it on hold three years ago. besides, this seems to be a good time to finally pass those exams, and catch up with those friends who've left me behind. heheheh.
  6. go over my clutter. since i'll be closing a chapter in my life, this would be the best time to reorganize the loads of stuff i've accumulated. time to throw out those photocopies and clear out those boxes.
  7. back to the treadmill. i haven't gone to the gym regularly for some time, and i've missed my regular badminton schedule with officemates for months. after the paper i have all the time in the world to devote to physical activity. yipee!
  8. practice. my friend nex has invited me to join her performance group (she is an actress/theater buff) though i have doubts about my ability to create music. but i really miss playing music with friends, and maybe i'll have to chance to get together with mike and mayen and improve my chops.

only a few more weeks, i hope... and i can't wait!

No comments: