Wednesday, August 23, 2006

twilight zone

the day god gave out the gift of organization, i must have been hungover because i didn't get any.

would you say you are an organized person? thankfully i've never been asked that question, because the answer is a resounding NO. sure, everyone has his own system or method, and i'm sure even the owner of the worst pig pen of a room still prays for the day it becomes spic and span. but even with the best intentions, i'm one of the worst when it comes to time, priority, and object safety. i swear, any personal space i'm given becomes a twilight zone... things disappear in them with no clear reason.

about a year ago i started writing this entry, because i was so fed up with my carelessness. at the time i was missing three things. though i learned i could survive without them, it brought me a hard (and in one instance, costly) lesson. one was a backup disc of my files, the second was my bank atm card (which did not contain any money, anyway), and the third was part of my bonus -- in cash. the funny thing was, i actually hid that money so that it won't be found lying around, that even i can't find it any more. it was actually in dollar bills so it wasn't difficult to hide.

now another thing went missing, another steep price i paid for my negligence. but i also found my atm in one of my old wallets. literally worthless, but it gave me some hope that someday i will find that money. or that i'll be blessed with much more than what i lost...

No comments: