Tuesday, June 14, 2005

can we still be friends?

dear sir: i know you. you are the bane of my existence. you come into my life, once in a while, when i least expect it. or i can see you coming, but i say, "bring it on!" sometimes you don't call my bluff, but sometimes you do. and now that you have, i want to get rid of you. you've proven your mettle. you can not be commanded like a common soldier. i am your slave. i am at your mercy. so there. yours, etc.

dear miss: i am not out to prove anything. i just am. so please drink your gallons of water and dope up with vitamin c. maybe in a week's time you'll be ok. but that i cannot promise, nor can i decide. i just am. sincerely, mr. cold virus.



it amazes me sometimes how i got myself surrounded by a motley group of friends. people are supposed to be different from one another, but the whole point of having friends is that we get connected by a common interest. apart from that, even my closest buddies are much, much different from me. i could count off all the ways my best friends are distinct from me and even among themselves, but it will take me the whole night. is that also the reason why we stick to them? because we live vicariously through other people? when we aren't capable of being something, we have someone who can do it for us. i don't know about the others, but that's what i do. because living my own life, while not exactly the worst lot in the world, can be pretty boring after 5 minutes.



mandy moore isn't my favorite singer in the world, and she's not in the same league as, say, nicole kidman in the acting department. but i was impressed with her gamble of a third album, a collection of rare covers (aptly titled coverage). this entry's title is one of the reasons i was so into this album. she also does a mean cover of joe jackson's breaking us in two, while lei swears by cat steven's moonshadow. or was it senses working overtime?

No comments: