Saturday, July 29, 2006

i blame it on the black star (i heart radiohead!)

48 hours away from my laptop + hundreds of mp3 blog links = radiohead bliss

i get home from work...

i seem to have a really weird hangover. i have less than 8 hours sleep in the last two days, and i must be crazy if i'm still up at one a.m. surfing instead of sleeping. it's not that i can't get enough of the internet, it's just that there are some things that rank higher in my list of priorities. namely, love. pair that with one of the greatest rock bands in history. it's a no-brainer.

i think it was last week or so that my best guy bud and ultimate mp3 resource (the boy's name is mike by the way) sent me a link to a blog that featured a thousand covers of leonard cohen's hallelujah. here i thought jeff buckley was the genius behind the song. and man was i overwhelmed. not only does my old kentucky blog have gazillions of other bands featured (like, the ones you never hear about) as well as an opinionated commentary on rockstar:supernova, it also lists an impressive number of mp3 blogs. i'm telling you, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

it started with me downloading patrice pike's performance of my iron lung (pretty neat), and then one click led to another... and i'm drowning in links to various radiohead live mp3s. it was like having my birthday three months early. if i'd been on dsl i would have downloaded them all according to show, but since i don't i had to pick and choose and leave the rest for another day. listening to the live performance of black star in copenhagen gave me a rush much like staring at my phone wallpaper of lee dong wook. 10 minutes after my last listen, my heart has not stopped pounding.

disclaimer: i'm not really a big, big fan of radiohead. i'm yet to buy the rest of their albums because at the time they came out i was just a poor college student. or a poor entry level actuarial student. only last monday tower gave me a big surprise when they put out 3 cds on the shelf: kid a, ok computer and hail to the thief. i don't think it's ever happened before. so when i've stopped being a poor actuarial analyst (hopefully by next week ) i *might* get ok computer, arguably their best album. so that my copy of the bends will have a companion, finally.

here are some of the other blogs that quenched my thirst for the boys from oxford:

http://musicisart.blogspot.com the kroq performance is here
http://gillmoreboy.blogspot.com linked to musicisart
http://neileslife.blogspot.com copenhagen and other stuff
http://www.bestweekever.tv/category/mp3/ start here

another btw: thom yorke just came out with his solo effort, the eraser. nope, the band is not breaking up.

song of the week: trapt, lost realist

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. frantic left...
Thursday, 17 August 2006 1:29 pm

it's always nice to read your blog. you're such a gifted writer. hope someday i'd be able to write as good as you. best regards.